Thursday 15 August 2013

Just.one: The Perfect Red Lipstick


Red lipstick... 
They say everyone has their perfect shade, the one that they can just apply whatever their mood or look and instantly their outfit is complete. 

I thought I found my perfect shade and finish in Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick 'Really Red', modest in both price (£7.49) and design. If a red lipstick is all I need, I felt it had to be just as simple and understated as my style. A matte red has all the injection of instant glamour without any of the overdone, high maintenance finish of its glossy counterpart. My high street beauty steal seemed to be a firm keeper... that was until the discovery of Chanel's aptly named 'Allure Velvet'. Beautifully understated, quietly confident in its black lacquered case, it somehow spoke to me on so many levels (believe me when I say this as its rare I get excited about a beauty product or makeup at all). The temptation to discard of the meagre contents in my vanity case, before I realised I'm not now or have ever been blessed with flawless skin. But there was that one tiny moment that made me think... 'all I need is one'.


YSL - Rouge Pur Couture The Mats / Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte / Chanel - Allure Velvet

1 comment: